“I’ve got something to live for
I’ve got surplus to give more
And we’re all welcome through His door
So I count my blessings”
Damian Marley says I should ‘give thanks to the Master’. And I happen to think he’s hot. So I’ll do what he says.
- I’m thankful that I woke up to a great Friday morning, one of those sing-in-the-shower, crank-up-the-radio-volume, smile-at-strangers type of mornings;
- I’m thankful that I can afford to pay quite some money to buy a def.i.ni.tion T-shirt*, even if it’s just to support family;
- I’m happy that it’s Friday, after a hectic week, and I can put my feet up this evening and watch football with friends;
- I’m grateful for friends who involve me in inane weekend activities like going to the zoo. No, seriously. I’m going to the zoo tomorrow – for the first time since I was 9;
- I’m thankful for great music. For Marley’s wisdom, MJ’s funkiness and Sting’s laidback coolness;
- And I’m grateful for my health. My weight-gain plan is having a slow start, but maybe after a few more Thursdays gorging on meat buffets, results will start to show!
Happy weekend! Count yours 🙂
*You don’t know what def.i.ni.tion is? You smell!